Preschool offers your child a wide array of experiences!
* Circle Time is a group gathering during which we share our ideas, plans, & observations. Circle activities are designed to stimulate thinking, enrich social skills, & expand attention spans.
* Enrichment programs are provided for your child once a month. They range from cultural dances to science shows to animal interactions.
* Gross motor activities give children the opportunity to use their muscles, as well as their imaginations, as they engage in fun, healthy exercises such as running, jumping, & climbing.
* Fine motor activities help improve small muscle development & eye-hand coordination. Some common items found in the fine-motor/manipulative area include puzzles, beads & laces, pegboards, crayons & scissors.
* Art activities help children creatively express their thoughts & feelings. They help reinforce fine-motor skills & concept development in areas such as colors, shapes & sizes relationships.
* Dramatic play activities help children express themselves, practice life skills, improve social skills, increase self-esteem, build vocabulary & solve problems. Besides, dramatic play is just fun!
* Music activities promote listening skills, creative expression & social skills. In music children can explore sound, volume, tempo & rhythm.
* Science activities offer children many hands-on opportunities for observation, exploration, investigation, making predictions & experimentation.
* Sand & water activities allow children to experiment with textures & the properties of different substances. These activities also promote the development of other motor skills such as math, science & language.
* Block play gives children experience with many different concepts such as shape & size discrimination, spatial relationships, number skills, balance, organization, cause-and-effect & classification. Cooperative play skills, problem solving & creativity are also promoted in block play.
* Story time is designed to help children develop an appreciation & enjoyment for literature. Reading activities enhance children’s vocabulary & comprehension skills and also expands their knowledge base.